Monday, July 20, 2009

This tired old house Part 4 (Girls/Guest Bathroom)

I had a "conservative" earthy yellow in mind but the girls wanted some fun/bold colors so we kinda compromised & ended up w/ deep turqoise & orange & white. Somewhere I must have some before pics but I'm too lazy to look for 'em. Trust me when I say it was boring (mostly dark blue & cream). The dark turquoise here is darker than I envisioned but the white offset it & brightened up this little bathroom.


Found this fun soap & lotion at a gourmet food & gift shop nearby.
The little vanity gets cluttered up so easy so I lift up the soap & lotion
to free up at least a little bit of space.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper:
the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.


My husband used a special paint/sealer kit
we bought a while back to redo our bathtub
& I don't think it's been that shiny white since
we moved in 8 yrs ago! Nice job, honey! :)

Aprx cost(s)

Paint Supplies $20
Shower Curtain $10
Towels $15
Mirror $5
Rug & lid cover $15
Blinds $5
Soap & Lotion $13

Total: Aprx $85 - a bit more than I intended to spend.

1 comment:

Mug said...

I think you did quite a lot for $85! Beautiful! A bathroom needs "oomph"! And this one definitely has it! Love the little shelves...and the tub...WoW I don't think mine has ever been or will ever be that white and glistening!