Sunday, July 26, 2009

been on staycation ... don't want it to end.


We've been on "staycation"! For just over 2 wks I pretty much checked out of life outside our home - hardly spoke to anyone but family - tackled/completed some big projects around the house (see previous posts) - spent more $ than planned & probably about what we would've spent if we went on vacation instead -- but ended up doing more work than planned too. My husband had this whole week off & joined me in the process. The girls were still free to hang out w/ friends & such ... as this was certainly not their idea of a vacation :) & Spokes worked & rode his bike a lot - but all three kids pitched in at times to help too. The past two days we did major cleaning downstairs & yardwork.

I can't tell you how stress relieving the past two weeks has been! I enjoy working hard & finishing projects! Don't always want to start them - but am SO glad once they're done :) A vacation would not have provided the same satisfaction. - I'm thrilled w/ all we accomplished & that there's a place for most everything & most everything is in it's place (for some things that place will be the trash on Wed .. or the Salvation Army) .... a sense of order which translates to peace in my mind :)

Last night (Sat) we celebrated(!) all our hard work - w/ a picnic, w/ the girls & a friend, at a nearby state park - kids swam & we stopped for ice cream on the way home... & I crashed(!) on the couch when we got home!

As I've been having so much fun working hard to re-create a living space that is comfortable, practical, enjoyable & attractive for those I love most to live in & call home, I've been thinking about how much pleasure God must have found in creating such an amazing place for us to live in -- esp when I see the detail & the order & the sheer beauty of it all! From what I can tell, everything He made serves a purpose. The closer I look the more amazed I am at how it all works together & how He made sure all our needs would be met before introducing mankind to this amazing - truly awe inspiring place!

Today is the last day of our staycation :( ....& I don't want it to end. In fact, there's still more I want to do. Two closets need to be thoroughly cleaned, more yardwork, laundry, etc. but - today (Sun) is a day of rest - & that is what we intend to do. We're playing hookie from church & going on a little "daycation"/bike ride w/ the girls (questionable weather permitting!) ... every now & then I prefer to worship God outdoors. Today ... is one of those days.