Saturday, July 25, 2009

Coincidence? - or Guidance?

Sometimes I wonder if "Sometimes I Wonder" should have been the title of my blog(!).... bc I wonder about A LOT of things.

One thing I wonder about is how long it takes before one realizes how God is either guiding him - or wanting him to let Him guide/lead! I for one can be stubborn about surrendering & submitting to His will so perhaps that's why I often see His hand most clearly in hindsight(!) -- they say hindsight is 20/20 but we don't have that advantage when we're actually living "in the moment". But - hindsight gives the advantage of seeing "coincidence" upon "coincidence" all adding up to be SO MUCH MORE than could ever be attributed to simply coincidence!

A good friend gave me this sign - had it made w/ me in mind - as a while back we had a discussion along this line --- It's foggy now what prompted it but I remember this story & the sign remains in my corner of the world (my office :)

When I meditated on the word

"Guidance"

I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word

I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right

The movement doesn't flow with the music

And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead

Both bodies begin to flow with the music

One gives gentle cues
Perhaps with a nudge to the back
Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully

The dance takes surrender, willingness

And attentiveness from one person

And gentle guidance and skill from the other

My eyes drew back to the word
"Guidance"

When I saw "G"
I thought of "God"
followed by "u" and "I"
"God", "u" and "I" dance
God, you, and I dance


As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust

That I would get guidance about my life and once

Again, I became willing to let God lead

May you abide in God, as God abides in you

Dance together with God

Trusting God to lead and to guide you through each

Season of your life

(click here):
And I Hope You Dance!

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I’m glad you posted the poem, after you had mentioned it on my blog!

For the first (mb#g&j) years of my life I thought I was in control of my destiny. I made lifestyle plans that never came to fruition, and wasted a great deal of money on pipe dreams. About 5 years ago I realized there was something I had to do, and that it would take a lot of patience until it could be done. When the time was right, I made my move and it went beautifully. In reality, God had opened all the right doors for me.

I regret that it took so long for me to learn this. Now I know how to watch for signs that I’m going in the right direction, or that I should stop and wait before doing something. It certainly is a dance! And exactly as described in the poem!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Yes I agree ... life is a dance as this poem describes it...& I'm a slow learner. I believe choices are the steps. I too look back - wish I could start over in some ways - or do over some parts parts - but the lessons God taught me during those times have made be a better dancer! -- not a beautiful dancer, but a better dancer :) ...

Perhaps I should write a post about dance lessons!