Thursday, July 9, 2009

Penpals!

While my brother was here from West Africa he arranged for Strike to be e-penpals w/ one of his students - a girl about her age - I'll call her Penny bc I don't like to use real names on my blog. I'm SO excited about this. At the very least I hope Strike makes a new friend in a faraway place & that the two girls learn things from each other about places & people so different from them & where they're at! At best....I hope to visit that new friend in that faraway place w/ Strike in the spring!

Before my brother heads back I want to take Strike shopping for a gift for Penny...something small & easy to pack - that my brother can take from our corner of the world to hers.

3 comments:

mom24boys said...

Can't wait to hear what you pick.

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Oh, how neat. I had a penpal in Canada when I was in elementary, and we lost tough by junior high. Tell Strike I hope and pray they STAY friends!

Randi Sue said...

that sounds so exciting.