Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July Family Reunion

My brother, "J" & his wife, "R" (from West Africa!) & two of their grandchildren just visited us. Soon more of their family arrived & my other brother & his wife stayed w/ my sister so we enjoyed quite the family reunion. We treated them to a homemade New England Clam Chowder dinner w/ canned brown bread (I'd never seen canned bread before we moved here!) & Cape Cod Potato chips.



Aunt "R" pulled out her Africa bag & let us all choose one thing! FUN!



My sister & her husband pulled out all the stops & treated us to lobster & steamers! Delicious!!

We traveled to Bristol, RI to spend time w/ even more family & to enjoy the 224th(!) Annual Fourth of July Parade w/ first class seats! Bristol is the most patriotic town I know. The houses & people & even the lines of the parade route are all decked out in patriotic colors for the occasion! A
great place to be on the 4th of July!



J & R spoke at our church about their life in Africa... about the why & what & where behind their work. Interesting! Commited to pray for one boy in particular who has a very difficult life & (click) "here" is why. I'm posting his picture on my wall today & I can't help but wonder how God will work in him as a result!

Most of the family went to a nearby waterpark while my husband & I prepared to celebrate Uncle "J's birthday w/ a backyard bbq....
...which we followed up w/ a geocaching adventure that led us to an OLD aquaduct in town that I didn't even know existed...& it's right nearby! Fun!


2 comments:

mom24boys said...

And what did you pick from the Africa Bag?

MYstory of HIStory said...

She had things like small purses, keychain, necklaces, baskets, fabric pictures you could hang on the wall or mb use as a scarf. The girls & I each picked a necklace :) I think mine is made w/ some kind of fish bone perhaps?!