Thursday, April 30, 2009

a room w/ a view ... of a sight to behold!


In just the few hours we spent at the beach w/ friends recently, the view constantly(!) changed...as we experienced wind! rain! sun! warmth. calm. clouds, birds, etc. ... & even an incredible(!) rainbow (reminder of a promise from God). I didn't want to leave & I can't wait to go back! So...

...I booked a room at a nice hotel at the same beach w/ an ocean view & balcony - mid week/offseason! For just me n my man. I'm SO excited. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm not sure tho' if I'm hoping for good weather ... or a storm ( I LOVE storms!). Perhaps it's bc of the perspective (safety) of the view that I know either scenario would be a special treat for both of us. One would allow us to see to the edge of the earth(!) & the other would offer a unique up/close & personal look as the edge of the earth closes in & envelops us :) Perhaps that just sounds SO romantic to me bc of the safety I feel/know with whom I'll be enjoying the view - a constant amidst CONSTANT change - ...as together we've consistently enjoyed & endured the fair weather & storms of life - for richer & for poorer, in sickness & in health- true to our promise nearly 23 years ago.

Whatever God chooses to paint on the canvas outside our room with a view, it's sure to be a sight to behold(!).... as we hold each other.


Hebrews 13:8 8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

We love going to the beach. I have never been to a beach north of GA. We go to Daytona on a regular basis, but it looks a lot different that the beautiful pictures you took. Glad you had fun and have something to look forward to.