Friday, April 10, 2009

I tried to know....


Since I tend to "think out loud" here at times, this song (below) seemed appropriate to share what's on my mind this morning after discussing The Shack in our book group last night.

A while back I more or less "found rest" in this song as I relinquished myself to the understanding that no matter how much I seek & knock & ask, I'll never have all the answers! --- but--- fast forward to here & now - & I'm finding great pleasure in seeking & knocking & asking bc in doing so I'm getting to know the One who has/knows/holds ALL the answers - & somehow, in that process, the answers to the questions I have seem almost trivial in comparison.

Beautiful Mystery
Caedmon's Call - Back Home Album

I tried to know
Every mystery
Soon realized, no

It was too much for me
'Cause most things true
Are simple and complex
So it is with You
What else should I expect

You suffer the seeker
In You they abide

You are to me
A beautiful mystery
You are to me
A Servant and a King
You're a beautiful mystery

You're like the water
I can feel but not grasp
Still You say all I've gotta do
Is seek and knock and ask

You are to the river
What hems it in and sets it free

The truth is a river
Where the strong can swim down deep
The weak and the broken
Can walk across so easily


P.S. The music to this song is beautiful too & I think it's what leads the words to the soul - but I only found one video & it didn't do it justice :( But the graphic above is a link (just click on it & then on #7) to the album at CBD & you can hear an excerpt of it & other great songs on the same album :)

No comments: