Monday, April 6, 2009

(Reflect!) R&R (Rejoice!)

Our church held a mini spring women's retreat this past weekend:

R&R
(Reflect & Rejoice)

I enjoyed working w/ other ladies to create an event for our pastor's wife to share a msg The LORD had laid on her heart - by going back into my past & recycling/customizing an idea from an annual event a previous church I attended held. And in my more recent past I found a song that echoed the cry of my heart a few years ago & that was perfect for paving the way w/ prayer to the second half of our program. I've shared it here before but here it is again. (To this day, I still play it at times before I read my Bible in the morning.)



When all was said & done...

I reflected
over how for years it seems The LORD has been preparing me for such a time as this & what an honor & privilege (incredible opportunity!) we'd been given to share Christ in such personal & creative ways when so many suffer greatly in order to do the same.

&

I rejoiced(!)
over the enthusiasm w/ which other women seized the opportunity to make R&R such a special blend of worship, ministry, fellowship, food & fun... & the encouragement I found in realizing to some degree how The LORD used this time to touch hearts & lives in His own personal & creative ways - as only He can do!

Following are pics of the themed lunch tables decorated & hosted by various ladies.

Sewing

Teddi Bears

Garden

Tropical Island (minus the pretty Secret Sister Orchid from my previous post that I tucked in here at the last minute :)

Birds

Sunflower

Spa

Sweets!

And since then, I've been blessed w/ some some slightly different - but much needed R&R:

Mt. 11:28(NIV) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

P.S. Thx for the great pics MJ!

No comments: