Monday, April 27, 2009

Are you living? or dying?


Q
. Are you living or dying?

A. Perhaps the (your) answer has something to do w/ how you view/study history.

Struck & stuck from yesterday's sermon:

Since the fall of Creation, History has been the study of man's attempt to survive.

My thoughts:

History = the study of survival that eventually/ultimately leads to death.

HIStory = the study of survival that ultimately leads to eternal life (Hope!)


4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
Romans 15:4-5 (NIV)

1 comment:

mom24boys said...

you've intrigued me! I'll have to get a copy of the service to listen to as I was in nursery. Can't wait to be back next week as I was in nursery last week too!