Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The hands of time

Past
One of my all time favorite pics!
Especially cute bc Daddy's shirt has a flag made of hockey sticks & pucks
& who knew then that
she'd grow up to love & play(!) hockey.

Present
When you care enough to send the very best...handmake the card :)

This is the card her (deep inhale) boyfriend (exhale. There. I said it.) gave her for her 15th b-day (which is today!) & it's made extra special bc my very(!) dear friend is his mom & she must've had something to do w/ the pretty roses stamped as the background - & his dad took the pic recently & helped him make this unique, personal & SO sweet(!) card & took him shopping for the gift too. For whatever reason, the fact that Playmaker's birthday was a "family affair" in their home, & that they're such good friends, just makes all that he made for & gave her - extra(!) special.

Future
?

As I'm traveling back & forth thru' time this morning, I can't help but remember that I was 15 when I met my best friend ever/the man I would marry...& (while I'm in no rush!) I can't help but wonder if/when daddy & daughter eventually walk hand in hand down the aisle, whose hand he will give hers to in marriage - & I realize that - from this day forward...I should be praying - for him. SO - please excuse me, while I go do that ....

...now

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

Sweet...
My mom always prayed for our future spouses. I try to do that for my kids as well, that their parents will have wisdom to raise them well, for purity, etc.
Blessings!
Rebeca