Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HE IS .... everything i am not.


Verbs are what makes the universe alive.
- The Shack.


These few words have had me thinking - a lot. I love that God is not just a person, place or thing (ie. a noun) - & that the name He calls Himself contains a being(!) verb (not past or future tense).

Exodus 3:14 (NIV) God said to Moses, I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"


I love that He is alive! Always has been, is, & will be - & that we have a special day (Easter!) to celebrate that attribute of God. I love that He is active, involved, moving, working, doing great & mighty things in such personal & creative ways. I love that if you put a blank after the two words God uses to refer to Himself - like this: "I AM _________." - that in order for the statement to be true, any/every(!) word used to fill in that blank to describe Him, Who He is, or what He is/is doing (compassionate, gentle & humble in heart, giving.., going..., taking..., making...., etc.) must be perfectly good & right! But...perhaps what i love most about I AM - is that He IS all i need & everything ... i am not.

No comments: