Saturday, April 11, 2009

It seemed like a small price to pay...

The Easter baskets are packed full to overflowing & almost ready to hide as usual for the kiddos to seek & find tomorrow - but - I still have one gift to tuck in Strike's. Before I tell what it is, I should help you understand the significance behind it - so ...

REWIND & let me remind you that Strike's been saving up for a new IPOD Touch for months(!) - & she really wants to EARN it - so much so that she didn't even put any of her b-day $ towards it, except $10 she rec'd just for that.

To make a long/sad(!) story short, a few weeks ago she walked up to the little store nearby to buy some chocolate chips. I gave her a $20 bill to pay for them w/ & somehow she lost the change (aprx $17!!) & I ended up making her deduct it from the $ she'd earned/I owed her toward her IPOD. Now - before you go telling me how mean I am...please understand I found no pleasure in disciplining her this way, but felt it was a small price to pay given the value of the lesson she'd hopefully learn.

now - FAST FORWARD to today.... & The LORD impressed on my heart one way I could attempt to share the reason we can & do celebrate(!) Easter - w/ Strike in particular, as well as her siblings who will be looking on.... & so tomorrow morning, among other things in her Easter basket, she'll find a homemade $17 gift/grace card that she must activate by reading
Galatians 3:13 - 14 & I Peter 1:18-19 & looking up "redeemed" in the dictionary.

....it just seemed like a small price to pay given the priceless lesson she'll hopefully better understand about something we could never possibly earn or deserve or completely comprehend ... His amazing(!) grace.

No comments: