Saturday, April 18, 2009

Have I been planted here....for now?


About 8 yrs ago we moved here. Tho' we loved where we lived, for many reasons we tho't here might be better than there - in lg part bc my husband had a good job offer - here. The day we moved out of our home, his co. laid off aprx 75% of its workforce(!) - & we sensed God's provision - as our house was sold & we were moving on - all as a small community was about to be inundated w/ homes for sale & people looking for jobs.

We moved across the country - had only a few days to find a house - & out of the MANY homes we looked at, only one met what we wanted & could afford - & so... here we are. Tho' I soon began to wonder .... WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?! & now, sometimes I just want to move - NOW! But - this is not the time :( & so....sometimes I feel trapped. Yet I realize in some ways I was trapped (rootbound) where I was bc I was SO/too comfortable there (I'm convinced comfortable traps are the most effective ones).

Being uprooted & transplanted was difficult & the pruning that followed was traumatic(!) - but in hindsight, I see how much I've matured & have been able to apply here what I learned there - which is, in part, why
I'm convinced we're here now - bc God planted us here(!)... for now.

& so.... I'm attempting to grow & bloom where He has planted me.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
Is 61:3b

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Ps1:2-3

The pic above hangs in the corner of my new world - & I've said before that sometimes I just want to jump in & "be there" ... but this morning, I can' t help but wonder .... if I am.

1 comment:

Dawn E said...

I am so enjoying your blog. I so can identify with this post. One thing that God has been bringing back to my mind through my wrestling is a section of Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. Have you read that book? If not, you should. The passage I am referring to comes at the end of the chapter about the desert.