Monday, April 20, 2009

Can you choose to believe something?


Can you choose to believe something?

I'm not sure.

What I do know is:
The more convinced I am that something is true, the more apt I am to believe it - & to try to convince others of it. - don't have to try or choose or pretend to believe it. I just DO! In fact - if I don't like what it is that I'm convinced of, I have to try not to believe it (denial)!

&

I'm convinced of this:

For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:44b

10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Romans 10:10 & 13-14

No comments: