Thursday, April 16, 2009

What do you know ...for SURE?


Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack

What do you know for sure?
(absolutely 100% positive!) ... Be honest &
What/Who do you believe? If you're like me, the second question is easier to answer - but - chances are whatever answers come to mind for either question, I could give you reason to doubt to some degree bc I've wrestled both questions to the ground myself! (just being honest :) .... & if I were a college philosophy professor I could probably do it even more effectively.

bc we know SO little, if anything?! for sure ... yet are convinced of (believe) SO much - is why I believe it's so important to know
why you believe what you believe (the evidence). Inherent in what you believe, is who you trust (have faith in). What you believe - & to what degree you are convinced/certain of it - affects EVERYTHING(!) you do.. every choice you make.

For the record... I believe the answer to the second question is much more important than the answer to the first one - in large part, bc I believe it determines where you (I!) will spend eternity - & I also believe:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16(KJV)

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:37(KJV)


Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

No comments: