Thursday, March 5, 2009

"This" would more or less....ruin everything.

"She wrote in the mornings, organized the feelings that didn't make sense in any other way. Sometimes she wrote about what she'd seen or heard, a phrase or two; sometimes of her feelings, the emptiness & longing; she wrote of how Scripture nurtured in a distinctive way. Whatever it was, the very writing of a thing calmed her, gave her direction." Quote from All Together in One Place

Sometimes I'm curious about how often my blog is read & who is reading it & when. For a while I had a counter but I lost it & have no plans to replace it. I've considered a live traffic feed but if I knew a certain post attracted a lot of attention - or if I saw certain people here, I'd more likely find myself writing to please others/shying away from certain topics & less likely to write/share what's on my heart at any given time. Attempting to wrap words around my tho'ts to hopefully allow them to make sense to someone else is a challenge that somehow ends up allowing it all to make more sense to me! - & if someone is lingering here long enough to read what I have to say, it's more likely bc they want
to/less likely bc I'm forcing them - so it's more likely I'm encouraging/less likely, arguing - & so... my words are more likely to inspire/less likely to provoke - which means precious time (mine & my readers') is more likely invested/less likely wasted. Soo, - a counter of any sort -- would more or less (very likely!) ....ruin everything.

No comments: