Tuesday, March 3, 2009

He speaks to me....here

Word of God speak.
Would you pour down like rain?
...washing my eyes to see - Your majesty...
- excerpt from Word of God Speak by Mercy Me -

A few years ago now, I'd lay in bed asking (pleading w/!) God to speak to me (just once!) in such a way that I would unmistakably recognize as His voice...& to say something very specific. Looking back (they say hindsight is 20/20) , I can't help but wonder if this song, that He gave me right about that time - & that I played over & over & over - was a clue as to how He would go about answering my prayer - on
His terms, in His time, in His way - & perhaps it's why He speaks to me.... in the shower(!) - of all places! (can't say how often I've been inspired &/or convicted there!) ... perhaps bc in there, first thing in the morning, is so little else to focus on or distract me? or perhaps bc He knew the cry of my heart & so He used the symbolism inherent in washing as a means of purifying/renewing/regenerating - for a new day.

(
go ahead....call me crazy :)

For the record, He's never spoken to me in the way I hoped for back then - but when I tweaked my request a bit (based on the ex. set by a friend) & asked Him to make Himself real to me ... for whatever reason, it seems that is the prayer... He died to answer.

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

If you are crazy, then I must be, too. I am always refreshed and amazed when i know that I have heard from God. And it is usually in a place like the shower, or getting ready for the day.