Wednesday, March 25, 2009

There's no time like the present to do "this"

As parents, one of our goals is to provide our kids w/ a well rounded knowledge & appreciation of the world around them & a solid foundation of necessary skills & understanding to navigate their way thru' it successfully, in due time.

.... it's in the "successfully & in due time" that I'm feeling more rushed w/ each passing day!

If preventing & solving problems are keys to success, then making the world a better place - as opposed to adding to the chaos - is success (for more on that see my last post :). So - I'm making a more (than ever!) concerted effort to encourage my kids to consistently leave wherever they are a better place than it was when they got there - & - in a similar but different sense, if someone needs something, I want my kids to do something(!) about it.

My kids are growing up - ( insert :) & :( tears here ) - & as much as I want them to need me, they really should be needing me less, relying on God more, & needing to be needed more themselves.

Since there's no time like the present to do what needs to be done now(!), I'm encouraging my kids to consistently do just that. If I'm successful, I'm convinced they will be too ... in due time :)

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

Good motto for your kids and everyone.