Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Dearest Friend


We just finished up watching all 7 episodes of the HBO John Adams (a personal favorite!) miniseries w/ friends - 17 of us! - enjoyed in each others homes...w/ food, fellowship & fun.

I'm honored to be able to trace personal ties w/ the Adams via (blood) lines on our family tree - & am a bit bewildered to realize how, despite time that spans two centuries(!) we remain connected also by a tendency to put pen to paper in order to record similar personal passions & convictions - & ... as John & Abigail were, - hubby and I are ... dearest friends. In fact, this past Valentines Day, I received a beautiful, eloquent, tender & passionate letter From:
my dearest friend (typically a man of few words...especially written words!) - addressed: To My Dearest Friend.

...While I would not want others to read much of the personal correspondence exchanged w/
my dearest friend, I admit - I can hardly wait ....to read theirs!

4 comments:

Randi Sue said...

That sounds great, especially after watching the miniseries. I

Susan said...

Jeep and I loved the miniseries also!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that miniseries! John Adams is my new favorite historical figure and Abigail...what a strong women. I got about half way through that book on their correspondence and just got sidetracked. There is also a great book that shows all the correspondence between John/Abigail and Thomas Jefferson. Great! Nice to meet a descendent of John Adams. We are related distantly to Richard Nixon but I don't claim him! :)

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Angela...SO good to "see you" again! :) I'll have to look into that book w/ Adam's/Jefferson correspondence! If you find the title, please let me know.

Only recently I've seen my heritage traced waaay back & from it I gather I'm related to, but not a direct descendent of, John Adams - but I'm proud to have him "in the family" :)