Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ADVENTure w/ Exponential Potential!


After being the recipient of a
random act of kindness last year, I was inspired to attempt to celebrate Advent by "performing" at least one totally random act of kindness for someone least suspecting of it & different each day! I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to stop & carried that intent over into the new year...but as w/ most New Year's Resolutions, I'm sorry to report that it was too short lived. Anyhow - I'm excited to begin counting down the days to the celebration of Christ's birth again this way bc it is so much more meaningful than doing it w/ candy calendars & the like - & I'm encouraging my family to do the same - which should make for some interesting table talk at dinner time :)

*
***
I can only

hope that as I

attempt to shift my focus

from myself to others by looking

for meaningful ways to be a blessing

- that it will become more of a habit - and

that in that process somehow I'll become

more of the person I want to be

...
without having to
try
so
hard


I haven't even started & I'm already behind!... (Dec 1 kinda snuck up on me!) but I can easily make up one day. I'm SO excited to begin & I can just imagine the exponential potential(!) for inspiration & encouragement if others are inspired in a similar way & they, in turn, inspire others ... & so on ....& so on ...& so on :)

I wonder.....
would you care to join me?!

7 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

WHat a GREAT idea! Are you going to share some of these random acts of kindness?

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Lupine...hmmm I'm not sure - time will tell :) It really is a lot of fun. Keeps me on my toes trying to figure out who/what/when to do whatever it is I decide to do. I especially enjoy being spontaneous & sometimes anonymous :)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Love this too....would love to join you....

thanks for stopping by...good to hear from you....

December 2nd....here we go....

more later,
Best,
Kary
xxx

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Several co-workers are out sick. I'm barely holding down the fort, staying late - but I'd like to join in. I'll start with a Fri-Sat-Sun option and work up to the full workout. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Kary & Farmgal. So glad you'd like to join me on this! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do & find that it's a blessing to BE a blessing!

Yesterday my random act was an unexpected visit to a friend in a nursing home. Many times it seems little things (things that cost little or no money) mean so much ... a visit....a phonecall... a handwritten note/letter.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi MyStory,
I snuck a chocolate bar onto a co-workers desk who was having a very rough time today (fighting computer programs, of course!) She never found out who put it there, but she appreciated it.
I like your suggestion about a letter - no one takes the time to handwrite letters anymore.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Oh - Farmgal... Makes me smile just picturing her when she found it in the midst of a difficult day ... & she's probably STILL thinking about it & wondering who would be SO thoughtful! :)