Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random Act of Kindness/No explanation necessary :)

Much to my surprise, a small pkg from my friend arrived in the mail. My dd loves to open pkgs, so I let her do the honors...when what to my wondering eyes should appear - but the cross you see above (tried so hard to get a good pic!...this one doesn't do it justice). Here's what made it extra special: The gift itself & the fact that there was no note/ no nothing w/ it "spoke" how well she still knows me - so well that no explanation was necessary - despite the huge distance between us now & the much too much time that passes between touching base w/ each other - & - that it was totally unexpected - & how it brightened my day :)

P.S. You can see here what she & her husband have turned melting glass into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to get packages or even letters in the mail? I love e-mail but I wish from time to time someone would send an old fashioned letter. That cross is beautiful! I looked at your friends website and all I can say is WOW and wonder why I have no artistic talent?! :)