Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A New "Advent"ure

- Been trying to figure out how to make Advent more meaningful than candy calendars to count off the days leading up to the celebration of Christ's birth. The random act of kindness I posted about below inspired me! I realize I'm a bit late getting started - but - I intend to "perform" at least one totally random act of kindness for someone - least suspecting & different each day - every day until Christmas - & to encourage my family to do the same. I am so excited I can hardly wait to get started!

1 comment:

mom24boys said...

I love your idea. We try to do something new each year during advent. I'll have to keep this one in mind. This year we are doing an Advent DVD which was used in Sunday School class last year just before Christmas. A 3-4 minute segment each day talking about traditions of Christmas. We also light a candle each night during dinner.