Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Smile!

As I was grocery shopping this early (best time to go!) morning, I passed a mom w/ two children (total strangers) in one of the aisles. The little boy was just SO cute! I kinda smiled at him, complimented the mom on her cute boots & walked on. Soon passed them again, going the opposite direction, & the little boy stood right in front of my cart, held onto it, peeked over the front - & wanted to go w/ me! Of all the things in that store, I woulda loved to take him home! :) - but as the distance between his mom & us grew, she quickly realized he wasn't w/ her & encouraged him to 'get back here'. He obeyed...but then as the distance between he & I grew, he waved & yelled an oh so friendly 'Bye!!' back down the aisle to me. In the short span of about 30 seconds I kinda felt as if I made a friend I might never see again - but I walked out of the store w/ a big smile on my face that it seems another woman "caught" b/c she smiled back at me. I smiled as I told my husband on the phone about the little boy ... & hours later, as I share this (b/c it's too fun not to share!) , I'm smiling about it! Hopefully you are too now.... & someone will catch yours - & so on - & so on - & so on.... :)

No comments: