Monday, December 14, 2009

Silent Night

Yesterday the children at church performed a Christmas Pageant that was just too precious for words! Just SO sweet. Our Pastor played a Grandpa who read the true version of The Night Before Christmas to his grandchildren after they came to him rather confused by the traditional story. As he read, children acted out the program above them in the choir loft & on the stage nearby. We even had a real live tiny newborn baby playing the role of Baby Jesus --- & no crying he made! Actually it was a tiny baby girl - but who knew?! :) Special music & congregational Christmas carols were interspersed thru'out to help tell the story as well. Strike had a flute solo. Given her composure I'm pretty sure that, for some odd reason, I was more nervous than she was :) All I know for sure is that I practically forgot to breathe the entire time she was up there & I'm sure the entire congregation could hear my heart beating in my chest ...which must've be SO distracting!

She did a BeAutiFUL job & I trust The King of Kings was blessed by how she used her gift to honor Him.



Afterwards we headed to the fellowship hall for a birthday party for Jesus. The children, still in costume, circled around a birthday cake. We all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus & enjoyed sweet fellowship together.

6 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

You should be proud - Strike had a beautiful performance.
The whole event sounded great. Community at Christmas is a wonderful thing!

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

GOsh, you must be SO proud of your musically-inclined girls! I really enjoyed that and can't wait to hear her unique flute compositions some day!

I really like those manger scene candles. How appropriate that they are silhouettes!?!?! I always feel that even the loveliest manger scenes don't QUITE capture facial expressions that speak to me. This manger scene revels in the mystery of what that night must have truly been like. I love abinding in the mystery of it all!

That would be a perfect addition to your Christmas decor!

Unknown said...

Ah, and I will be needing your New England address. I would like to send you a Christmas card!

email: scatteringlupinesblog@gmail.com

or leave it in my comments!

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Yes, you should re-read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever! It's a quick read. You can easily do it in a week, just reading a chapter a night.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Nativity. I was SO skeptical. I didn't think it should be made into a movie. But it's now one of my favorites. Just goes to show me who's boss... NOT ME!

Yiota said...

Ooooooh! She's great! You must be very proud AND you're doing a great job raising your kids.

Randi Sue said...

What a wonderful job on the flute!