Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let it snow, Let it SnOw, Let it S*N*O*W*! (Snowday!)

Having grown up out west, one thing I loooove most about living in New England is (are?!) snowdays!!! And there's something extra special (worth celebrating!) about the first one each year - which happens to be .... today :)

I'm definitely baking something (anything!) to cozy up the house, declaring it a no TV day.... (until the Christmas specials are on tonight!), letting the kids sleep in as loooong as they want & I could care less if they stay in their PJ's all day. I must finish the book for our bookgroup tomorrow...so the timing of this storm is perfect - & maybe (just maybe) I'll squeeze in some quilting too. Dinner? ... Gingerbread eggnog french toast w/ cranberry sauce & whipped cream :)

I imagine these days aren't all that pleasant for the mailmen bc of the added challenges they face just to get around w/o falling on their booty(!) so - I'll put our Christmas gifts to them (Dunkin' Donuts giftcards) in our mailbox today :)

Let it snow!....Let it SnOw!!... Let it S*N*O*W!!! ...& we'll enjoy the storm from the inside out.

4 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

What a great gift idea for the mailman!

And YUM dinner! Husband would kick me in the shins if I cooked that for dinner, I think, but I would LOVE it! Just my style! Breakfast for dinner but presented like a dessert... mmmmm....

And cranberry sauce on the gingerbread eggnog french toast?!?! Do share more!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Lupine... I think I'm glad I put the mailman gifts in our box today...my daughter saw ours (actually it's a she) fall today :( She was ok ... but it was a much better day to be indoors than out (unless your a kid & your sledding our makin' a snowman :).

Ok - I'll plan to share more about the french toast tomorrow :) Stay tuned for further details!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Lucky You ! Oh..how i wish...but it did finally get cold.....

I'll stop back by to visit again very soon....

Fondly,
Kary
xxx

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'm glad you had a great day - it sounded like an early Christmas present!

Gingerbread eggnog french toast with cranberry dressing and whipped cream! I think I'll dream about that tonight. :)