Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Remind me of THIS w/ every decision...





Generations will reap what I sow.
I can pass on the curse or a blessing...
to those I will never know.
Excerpt from Generations by Sara Groves



With the new year fast approaching & the "fresh start" it represents, I'm struck, once again, by how powerful even the daily/mundane choices in life are - as well as those really big & difficult ones we're required to make at times. It's almost overwhelming to consider how their ripple effects SO MANY other lives in addition to my own.

...it all reminds me of a plaque I gave Playmaker on her first day of high school

We each leave our mark on the world every moment of every day
through the choices we make and the actions we take.


5 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Ah, so true! I think I will have to write that on a strip of paper and tape it to my coffee maker! I have the verse from Proverbs there now:

A gentle word turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.

scotirish said...

My Christmas with Sara Groves: Sara emailed me about a month ago after hearing a tape of me speaking to my church about prisons. She remembered that it was her great-grandmother who had told me that God had a plan for my life during my time in prison some 37 years ago. Also, her grandparents had visited that prison for 40 years before retiring in their mid 80's. She called me from every city on her recently concluded Christmas tour and invited me to share the story ...of Jesus and His Love.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Lupine...Ahhh that is a great Proverb too ... I love the idea of placing such things on the coffeemaker - of all places!

Mr. Irish...Welcome! wow - this song of Sara Groves speaks such truth - in such a very personal way in your case! Thank you for sharing about that here. I got chills!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What a subtle, but strong quote. I'll be emailing it to friends today. Thank you.

I'm so glad we "met" this year! Best wishes to you and yours in 2010!

warriormom said...

I must copy that quote and put it next to bathroom mirrors ...coffee maker is a great place as well! Wish I had better ingrained it into my children when they were in highschool especially.