Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Party



I've been looking forward to this party all week! My son even helped me redecorate here just in time for it :) - but, I could not for the life of me figure out what to bring! Somewhere in my search for something heartwarming, I found this....

READY FOR CHRISTMAS

Author Unknown


"Ready for Christmas," she said with a sigh,

As she gave a last touch to the gifts piled high.

Then wearily sat for a moment and read

Till soon, very soon, she was nodding her head.

Then quietly spoke a voice in her dream!

"Ready for Christmas! What do you Mean?

When only last week

You wouldn't acknowledge your friend on the street."

"Ready for Christmas, while holding a grudge!

Perhaps you better let God be the judge.

Why, how can the Christ child come and abide

In a heart that is selfish and filled with pride?"

"Ready for Christmas, when only today

A beggar lad came and you turned him away

Without even a smile to show that you cared!

So little he asked, he could have been spared."

"Ready for Christmas! You've worked, it is true,

But just doing the things that you wanted to do."

"Ready for Christmas, your circle's to small.

Why, you are not ready for Christmas at all."

She awoke with a start, and a cry of despair.

"There's so little time, and I've still to prepare!

Oh, Father, forgive me, I see what you mean;

To be ready means more than a house swept clean."

"Yes, more than the giving of gifts and a tree,

It's the heart swept clean that he wants to see,

A heart that is free from bitterness, sin,

Ready for Christmas means ready for Him!"

via


visit Scattering Lupines or Shells and Bells Flowers and Showers for a list of others participating in this year's Bloggers' Christmas Party!


7 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, this poem really says it all, doesn't it. I am struggling with faith and Christmas spirit this year after a personal loss. Thank you for this reminder: Christmas takes place in the heart!
xo

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

I love these words:

"Ready for Christmas, your circle's too small.

Why, you are not ready for Christmas at all."

And your Christmas makeover looks FABULOUS! Thank you for having me!

Yiota said...

Love it! We're on the same wavelenth here, aren't we?
That's another great poem to add to my collection. Thanks for sharing!

warriormom said...

Great poem and I love your festive banner!! Computer was down with a virus and just returned so I didn't bring anything to the party, but I am enjoying the visit!!

Sherry said...

That is the most wonderful poem I have read about the holiday season...so much truth!! Thank you for sharing and wishing you a most wonderful Christmas!

MommaSkye said...

Love the poem and the holiday makeover!!

Hindsfeet said...

Poignant poem, good reminder, Nice to meet you at "Scattered Lupines" party! : )