Monday, August 24, 2009

What a weekend....

The weekend went so fast. I can hardly believe I just kissed my husband good-bye as he headed out to work again.

In a nutshell:

* It's been hot & muggy. * Losta yardwork * Refreshing plunge in our neighbors pool. * "Morning Glory's" 80th Birthday Party! * Was inspired, convicted, challenged & encouraged at church - as usual! * Spokes raced & came in 2nd place! * Strike & a friend & daddy & another friend went fishing. Strike caught her first fish! then a bunch more! * Playmaker was happy. Her best friend/boyfriend was home from vacation & spent the afternoon w/ us * & oh, I almost forgot.... had a near death experience!! (well mb I'm exaggerating a bit!...but Idid see a bright light flash before my eyes!) My husband, our girls, Mak & I went for a walk as a welcome rainshower was winding down...the cool breeze & warm sprinkles were so refreshing!! ... but - things changed abruptly - lightning began striking all around & thunder rumbled - then all of a sudden - one SO VERY close!!! - YIKES .... Strike was so scared she was shaking! By the time we got home we were soaked! & relieved to be there! ... now the neighbors know we're crazy! - the secret is out :)

This is the last week before school starts.

- Strike is trying out for a travel softball team tonight. She's excited!
- Hubby is takin' a few days off work later in the week - yeah! No firm plans but churnin' a few ideas for daytrips around.
- Takin' Katie to the vet....She has a lump on her ear & I have a feeling I'm not gonna wanna hear what the vet has to say...

My battery is dead but I plan to post some pics later :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Yiota said...

Happy Monday to you too. Looks like you had an exciting week!