Saturday, August 15, 2009

Deep Tweets


Blogging challenges me to say as much as possible as clearly as possible using as few words as possible - which makes me wonder if ph I should aspire to tweeting & thereby limit myself to 140 characters(!) - or less (yikes!). But - at times I enjoy rambling & sharing pics so I think I found my niche in blogging & will leave tweeting to the "experts" - tho' it seems so much of what people think is SO important that they just have to share it
NOW w/ whoever will listen, no one really cares about anyhow. But - can you just imagine if George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, C.S. Lewis, Abraham Lincoln, or some of the great poets & philosphers were alive today?! So much of what they penned w/ ink & quill - or other old school writing utensil - was sooo well tho't out before hand & would make profound tweets today(!) ....that just might motivate some to move from the mundane for moment & contemplate something meaningful for a minute!

SOoo- in that spirit -- & in honor of those I believe would have made great tweeters today bc they said some simply profound things in the past that STILL apply & are full of meaning today, I'm starting a new category of posts I'll label "Deep Tweets".
ok ... now - where to start.... How about here:

All that is not eternal is eternally out of date.
- C. S. Lewis

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

So far, I refuse to join the "tweeters". No one need to know that much about me! :)
We're so connected, via 24 hour news, the internet, and semi-surgically attached cell phones. A little "down time" can be a good thing!