Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The WOW(!) Factor

Reading the Genesis account of all God created at the beginning of time - & exploring creation for myself, given the WOW! factor I experience as I try to take it all in, I sense God took great pleasure & found much joy in being creative. I wonder if when it was all said & done in just six days(!) - & tho' it was very good - if God missed doing what He'd done so well - to the point of perfection/no room for improvement. And I wonder if that's in part why He made people - if by placing a free will within man, God knew the risk He was taking yet thought it was worth the risk b/c it left Him with an ongoing creative challenge -- perhaps His biggest "challenge" (for lack of a better word!) in the creative regard (personal relationship).

I wonder if making something/everything(!) out of nothing was actually easier for God to do than for Him to work all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (see Romans 8:28)

Along that line... one of my favorite things to ask God is to make Himself real to me... & then to look for how He's going to do just that becomes a treasure hunt of sorts.
Proverbs 2:3-5 ...and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. His answers are often so personal & creative. I gather God delights in answering this request - when it's prayed in such a way that the one asking is expecting an answer tho' they're not quite sure what to expect - b/c it leaves Him plenty of room to be creative. And I wonder... when we pray it differently by asking God to do something specific - if our selfishness robs God of some of the joy He takes in answering, by limiting/eliminating the part that perhaps He delights in most - where He gets to be creative/display His splendor- by answering in ways we'd least expect ... ie. the WOW! factor :)

See Isaiah 61

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes, I get it. I think that is one thing I have done, is not be very specific but pray that I will be blown away by his goodness. I know that he has a plan. I really do. I don't want to pray through the details of this, asking for this or that, but that His will be worked out according to his purposes. He is so good and has shown himself in that light over and over again to me. I can 't wait to see what he does.