Friday, February 27, 2009

She couldn't - but SHE could - & did ...so much

Our church lost a dear family member this week. I think, in part, bc of all she couldn't do, she gave the LORD so much room to make His strength perfect in her weakness (His specialty!). Her sister wrote a beautiful tribute to her here...a must read.

I don't know her Dad very well but I admire her mom for a similar (but slightly different) reason than I admired her:
bc she allowed God to work in & thru what she could do - to care for her daughter - & I can only imagine how incredibly strong she must be given that God promises not to test us beyond what we can bear .... & I've watched her bear SO much! She is one of the very best examples I've ever seen/known of the Christlike sacrifice/compassion I was trying to wrap words around in my Si-Lent post:

faithful. 33 yrs! & was still going - w/ no idea Monday would be her last day w/ her daughter.

tender.

quiet. Perhaps in part bc she had so few people to talk to (lonely?) ...& so little time - to talk

patient.

uncomfortable. As she rose above her own health issues & other challenges daily to care for her daughter.

gentle.

unselfish. bc she focused so much of herself (time, energy, etc.) on her daughter.

kind.

Together, mother & daughter made quite a (ministry) team!...as one allowed The LORD to work thru' all she couldn't do - & the other allowed Him to work thru' her ... by doing all she could.

3 comments:

mom24boys said...

Perfect as always. Made me cry yet again!

Randi Sue said...

I read her sister's post and was so moved.

Then I noticed that Crispy commented. I know her, because she was in my homeschool group until she moved recently. I have been to her house.

That amazed me, because I started reading your blog after I googled Fibonacci numbers and liked reading your blog. Apparently, one of your friends is friends with one of my friends.

And I can relate to what your friend writes about her ministry. I read many of her posts and I would like to know more.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Randi...wow! I don't really know "C"'s sister but am looking forward to mtg her - at the memorial service...& "all of this" is sure to be the basis for interesting conversation :)

I remember when you started reading my blog - & when I learned about your sister w/ Downs Syndrome on the 5 yr ann of my brother's death - & now "this".

God works in mysterious ways ...in both the details & the "big picture".