Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fits like a glove

Poking around on the blogosphere today, I stumbled on a post re: the meanings of names - & it reminded me, how stunned(!) I was when I was motivated to look mine up after reading a book w/ my book group. In fact...this is what I e-mailed them at the time:

Hi girlfriends….. I know it’s late notice – but if you get a chance, given our book this time, take a minute to look up the meaning of your name. Honestly, I was quite stunned to learn mine! I figured it would mean Joy” … but nooooo ---- it means Experienced in battle!! …. And …. Looking back, I tend to think it “fits like a glove” , - j

I remember thinking...How strange that I wouldn't learn the true meaning of my name ... until it fit like a glove.

You can check yours out here:

http://www.babynamesworld.com/

No comments: