Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 yrs ago.......today

Sometimes I wonder .... if God puts certain people in your life to change you - when you're too stubborn to change yourself. If He does, that would explain how a simple guy (my little brother) w/ Down's Syndrome could teach - (really teach!) me some of the most difficult life lessons I needed - but was so slow(!) to learn - in much the same way that impurities (pride) rise to the top of melted gold to be skimmed away (humbling) in the refining process. And, I can't help but wonder....did he change other people while he was here too? - or was changing me the reason he was here? If so, was it bc I was finally(!) catching on & had reached the point where I'd never be the same (mission accomplished?!) - that God decided his work on earth was done - & -- so -- now.... (5 years ago... today) he's gone.

Part of me wonders how I could possibly be such a slow learner....& part of me wishes I had more to learn.... that he could still teach me.

4 comments:

Randi Sue said...

It is hard not to wonder. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh, and nadia was at the 4th of july parade but not at the fall festival. She was in the Dec. pictures, playing in the sand at the park.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Thank you. Enjoyed chatting w/ you today -- & I'm convinced our conversation was not a coincidence.

Nadia looks really sweet! While searching your blog for her, I took the opportunity to learn more about Olivia's birth too. Amazing!

Good night & God Bless :)

mom24boys said...

Time and time again I am amazed at the similarities between us. Some ways you may not know.......some I have come to realize through your blog, others through conversation. You brought tears to my eyes today as I face my own struggles with my brother and I just keep wondering what the Lord is trying to teach me.

MYstory of HIStory said...

I think if you ask God what He's trying to teach you - He'll let you know. Love... & hugs... & prayers.