Monday, February 16, 2009

Top Secret Sister


We kicked off our Secret Sister (SS) program at church on Fri during a fun time of Valentine's food & fellowship. It's been fun already to see the special SS table full of surprises on Sunday ... & then to see them dwindle as ladies found sweet blessings w/ their name on it!

Since I'm running the program, I wasn't going to participate in it .. bc I have the master list of SS pairs....but - apparently
I've been adopted!.... by a Top Secret Sister! - was surprised(!) to learn of a present - waiting for ME! - w/ MY name on it :) WOW!! I can only hope all the other ladies feel as special as I've been made to feel... but I can't help but wonder if perhaps I get to enjoy feeling special in an EXTRA special way...bc whoever my SS is must know me fairly well - as evidenced by the gift she gave me (pictured above) - yet she still CHOSE me...as opposed to the others who were paired up "randomly" - tho I trust GOD was in it.

And in all of this I've been sweetly reminded:

Isaiah 43:1b
(NIV) "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.


& it's caused me to consider that tho' we have a SS reunion planned for the "secret" in Secret Sisters to be revealed, perhaps we should've planned it all a bit differently ... in such a way that the secret - remained secret...

Matthew 6 (NIV)

1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.


p.s. can hardly wait to try some new recipes...my family is going to be blessed by this gift too - in the form of some new things on the table for a change :)

1 comment:

mom24boys said...

So cool! And rewarding for all your hard work. I didn't realize you were not participating since it was all random. I'm really excited about my match. Actually an answer to prayer of sorts.