Thursday, February 5, 2009

Talk about creative expression!

A friend & I enjoyed coffee & conversation yesterday @ B&N. We rarely see each other but it seems each time we make time - we talk about stuff that leaves me thinking about stuff we talked about ...long after we talked :)

At one point our conversation turned to art. We agree that art reflects/communicates so much about the artist - which causes me to consider God - as the Artist of creation.

Creation seems to illustrate God's Word much like pictures illustrate text in a book - & help us understand so much more than we would w/o them - & so I find myself looking at things God created & asking myself what it was He wanted us to better understand when He made certain things. Thru'out God's Word aspects of His creation are used to help us better understand certain concepts - (ie. trees, water - Ps. 1) - so I see creation as God's magnificent work of art - compiled of countless individual works of art - that each in & of themselves help us better understand (communicate!) "the big picture" (who God is & His will for us).

From beginning to end God's word communicates relationship - & all of creation - from microscopic to telescopic - whispers & shouts relationship too. Think about it... every living thing inherently has both needs & something others need ... & in the case of people....we all have a strong desire (need?) to be needed (loved?!)

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

I'll likely be trying to wrap words around my thoughts on more of this for quite some time - but - given that it took just six days for God to complete creation (& then He rested) -- yet after 40 years he's STILL working on me -- makes me wonder if I'm one of His "more challenging projects" :) .... & why He's SO patient... (& if/how much He'll want to rest when He's finally done! :)

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

I like the picture of creation illustrating God's word.