Friday, June 19, 2009

Then (23yrs ago!)

My husband asked last night if I'd heard this song. I couldn't place it. My dd played it on the computer. hubby & I danced in the kitchen. I cried. Indeed it was very familiar ... but this was the first time I really listened to it.

It's timely - bc 23 yrs ago Sunday, I married my dearest friend - & I tho't I loved him then ... but I couldn't even imagine then how much I'd love him now.



I can just see you - w/ a baby on the way
I can just see you when - w/ your hair is turnin' grey
What I can't see - is how I'm gonna ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

Now you're my whole life
Now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl

....
& I thought I loved you then...

1 comment:

warriormom said...

Congratulations! It is truly mind boggling to realize how much more you can love someone when 23 years ago (25 for me) you thought that was the most you could love! You are way more articulate than I ~ but we think marriage is the period on the end of the sentence "I love you." It's just the jumping off point to something much greater.