Friday, June 19, 2009

Sharing ...a part of me

About 16yrs ago God gave us a baby & within about 2 hrs, He took him to heaven - tho' He gave us very strong indications (via ultra sound) early on that that was what He was gonna do. My husband & I spent the next several months hoping & praying for a miracle but bracing ourselves for the worst. When God took our baby, He took part of me to be w/ Him, & a friend gave me this song: (embedding has been disabled - so you'll hafta click HERE). It's become a part of me that at times I share w/ others - & this morning I shared it w/ another someone who is part of me too - & for whatever reason (don't always know why I do what I do...) I'm sharing it here & hoping the encouragement it contains makes it's way into the hearts of those who need it most.

Note: It's an oldie but a goodie...the video's a bit dated ...but I love the dress w/ the brown overcoat that she's wearing!


Excerpts from God is in Control - by Twila Paris:

This is no time for fear
This is a time for faith and determination
Don't lose the vision here
Carried away by the motion (my note: emotion?)
Hold on to all that you hide in your heart
There is one thing that has always been true
It holds the world together
God is in control!

&

History marches on
There is a bottom line drawn across the ages
Culture can make its plan
Oh, but the line never changes
No matter how the deception may fly
There is one thing that has always been true
It will be true forever
God is in control!

via

1 comment:

warriormom said...

I can't imagine living without the knowledge that God is in control. We are just a vapor in the wind, He is the Rock!