Saturday, January 21, 2012

malakai's backyard adventure - written & illustrated (photographed) by playmaker



One day, Malakai was quite bored of 
his toys and staying inside ...


so he decided to go outside looking for adventure.


He scanned the fresh snow in search of something interesting,
  but only found the footsteps of his own, and his girl's.


Suddenly, he spotted something unfamiliar!


"Who on earth has such small paw prints?"


Malakai investigated further, and found that they led
 straight to the shed in the back yard.


"Hello?" Said Malakai. "Is anyone here?"
"Hi, My name is Oliver!" said the small animal.

 

Malakai was puzzled. "You are a very tiny dog." 
At this Oliver chuckled,
 "I'm not a dog, silly. I am a bunny!"
"Oh, a bunny!" Malakai paused, 
"Would you like to come outside and play?"


"Play?" said Oliver, "It is awfully cold out." 
"It's not so bad once you get used to it!," said Malakai
 "Come on, lets play Following the Leader. I'll be the leader!"


"It's easy, you just have to follow me

 and do everything I do!"

Ready...          Set...

GO!


  

And they were off.




3 comments:

Pat said...

OMGosh how sweet! Please continue the story...so much fun to see those two very unlikely friends at play. Thanks!

warriormom said...

^_^ Too cute!!

troutbirder said...

It's perfect. I love it. So endearing.... :)