Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - SWDB





Please join in with us over at....



Outside my window...Cold. Bright Sunshine. Clear blue sky.

I'm thinking...about using this planner to help me better manage my home & my time:

dailyplanner

via (where you can find a free/blank/printable template)


I'm thankful ... for a fantastic year long celebration of 25 years of marriage to my best friend. Yesterday we enjoyed our last hurrah in that regard by taking the family to a nice  old restaurant:



- and - I'm also thankful for ... the past week and a half where we were free to do almost nothing (key word here) that we normally do :) 

I'm creating ... still working on the quilt that was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son - which is now slated to be a birthday present instead. 

I'm wondering...Do you know what is black and white and green all over??

*
*
*
*
*
Answer: 

For the tutorial to make your own, click HERE


From the learning rooms... I really want to learn how to make the newspaper gift bags above. It doesn't look too difficult. 

I'm reading ...


 Well - actually, I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
The following caption introduced me to it and motivated me to begin 2012 by placing this children's story/fairy tale at the top of my reading list.


When we read this book , there’s this character that puts on her “habit.”
A little hand here pats my shoulder and asks, “What’s a habit?” The amaryllis on the sill, it’s swelling in hope.
And I tell Shalom this: a habit is something that is worn.
She flickers recognition, nods, turns back to the page. She waits for me to read the next line.
I’m sort of struck: A habit is what we wear. A habit is the way we wear our days.
Wear new habits and your life gets a makeover. Consistently do things at the same time everyday and find yourself a new person.

&

"The theme is as old as the fairy tales, and it is written with a haunting beauty of wording and atmosphere . . . A book to cherish, to read again and again and again." (The Saturday Review )


I am looking forward to ... getting back into a routine of sorts.  The fact that I'm actually feeling kinda ready for this is one indicator of how restful our Christmas staycation has been!   :) 

Around the house ... is where I plan to spend most of the day - tho' I think we're gonna head out later for a hike.

I am pondering ... 


When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Sally Edwards
... I'm considering some things I might like to do for the first time in 2012.

In the kitchen...is where we cooked lobstah for the first time evah on Friday evening :) Note to self:  Do not name them before you boil them :/




One of my favorite things...



A few plans for the rest of the week ... Deep cleaning

Here is a picture for a thought I am sharing...




4 comments:

warriormom said...

:) That last picture just has me laughing! Last year I did a little shopping at the gift shop at Beth Israel Hospital and the bags they used were newspaper bags!! They were really pretty and unique and very sturdy!! Hope you make some.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Just knowing I made someone laugh - made my day! :) ..and really?? How cool is that?!... about the newspaper bags being used at a real store!

Theresa said...

Good advice about the lobster! I love the planner page. I am off to go print it out. Enjoyed your daybook! Happy New Year!

Fresh Juniper said...

Really enjoyed reading your post. The pic about the dream was perfect.