Monday, May 4, 2009

Who Cares?!

This morning during my husband's commute to work a lady was stranded on the side of the road w/ a flat tire. She'd left her purse at home & had no cell phone. One person had stopped & let her use their cell phone to call AAA. As she was waiting, my husband happened upon the scene & changed the tire. He was just finishing up as Mr. AAA arrived -- grumpy & rude as all get out!! Seems Mr. AAA felt he'd been robbed bc of what hubby did (free of charge!). Might the story have been different if it had been Mr. AAA's wife or daughter who was stranded? And I wonder...Who cares(?!) anymore - about anything other than money or anyone else but themselves? But in my heart, I know someone does ... & he does so much out of the goodness of his heart - which is just one of countless reasons why I love him so much.

***

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher, he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

What is written in the law? he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
Mathew 10:25 - 28

No comments: