Monday, May 18, 2009

Crude Tools

A sculptor does not use a manicure set to reduce the rude, unshapely marble to a thing of beauty. The saw, the hammer and the chisel are crude tools, but without them the rough stone must remain forever formless and unbeautiful. To do His supreme work of grace within you He will take from your heart everything you love most. Everything you trust in will go from you. Piles of ashes will lie where your most precious treasures used to be....

- A.W. Tozer

Note: Just about everywhere I searched for this quote
to link it to a source, it's slightly different
- so I'm not directly quoting above - but as w/ most things
re: God & how He works, I find it both encourging and convicting.


"I have refined you in the furnace of suffering."
Isaiah 48:10

1 comment:

Jubilee Joy said...

Absolutely LOVE that quote!!!! I have had a really neat experience as of late that I'd love to share with you soon.
Blessings,
jubilee