Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life is composed of moments


A teacher at Strike's school passed away yesterday. Strike was so very sad as evidenced by the river of tears that ran down her cheeks as we talked about it after school - and off and on throughout the remainder of the day.  She's so tender & I love that about her but it breaks my heart when I can't fix her broken heart. She remembers specific moments when he was kind to her so I encouraged her to remember his kindness & how much it meant to her -  & to "pay it forward" in similar ways in honor of him/his memory.  

This video is a timely reminder worth stopping "moment"arily to view.


..What if we really figured it out - that gratitude for the seemingly small and insignificant - that is the seed that plants the giant miracle in the midst of it all...









How do we stop believing that life is an emergency.... How do we start believing that life can be carried only in the hands of the unhurried
...a bubble to be held in awe.


via




He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10 (NIV)



3 comments:

Mug said...

Oh MyStory....I needed this. I'm so glad I took these few moments to watch and listen to this video...beautiful. And I'm so glad you took the time to post it. I was misty-eyed and lifting my face to Heaven by the time it was over. Such a powerful reminder to "Be still and know that (He) is God"...to add a little "Mary" to our "Martha" and cherish what has been in our own backyard all along...to sit at His feet....to pick more daisies...

Mug said...

Oh NeAt!!! i just saw your snow day photos! What a wonderful day full of "moments"! ...And your snow is so beautiful and almost ...fluffy!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Good Morning, Mug. So good to know that this "moment"ary reminder was timely for you as well. I found encouragement in your comment - just in knowing that I'm not alone in needing to be reminded of this now & then :)

The snow pics you stumbled on below did capture some fun "kodak" moments :)