Monday, January 31, 2011

The Big Apple


 

The costumes! The music! The choreography! The staging and the lighting all came together in one place - The Minskoff Theatre on Broadway - to form a magnificent display of human creativity like nothing I have ever seen!!!  I won't even attempt to describe my first ever Broadway show experience because no matter how long & hard I search, I could not possibly find just the right words to do it justice. I will say tho' that I'm determined to make sure that my girls see it too - hopefully Spokes will want to join us as well - because knowing now what I was missing up until then, I somehow feel as if their lives won't ever be complete if they never get to see it for themselves! 

Broadway,



Bakeries


&

 Street Performers


are among the 

BEST THINGS ABOUT THE BIG APPLE!


My husband & I had a grand time. 
Alone. Together.  
In the reeaalllly BIG city
amidst a sea of

soooo


many 


people!


But I was grateful to be able to leave once we had enough of too much :)

With that said, I'd be remiss 
if I neglected to mention 
one last "best thing" 
about our Big Apple adventure.
That being
  the bus ride to & from the city ...
simply because we weren't driving! :)






4 comments:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Love it!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the show! That's one that I'd like to see. And it looks like you had good weather for the day.

The last show I saw was Phantom, several years ago. And I took two adult sons, who both loved it! Tell Spokes that my boys recommend the trip!

Mug said...

I love what you said about having "enough of too much":)

For what it's worth, our grown 29 (at the time) year old son loved Mary Poppins! Everyone needs to experience The Big Apple and a Broadway show at least once in their lives! If for no other reason than to say you have:)

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi all!

Yes, Farmgal, we did have good weather. It wasn't bitter cold, thankfullly. I sat by a woman who had seen Phantom & Lion King....she seemed to like both equally but for different reasons so I can only imagine.....!!! :)

Hi Mug - I agree! We're takin' the girls to see Mary Poppins at the Boston Opera House for our Once-a- month-year-long 25th Ann Celebration for Feb! So excited! And I'm really hoping to get all three kids to The Lion King eventually. It's so expensive -- esp for a family - but I'm determined :)