Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What have you decided?


Who? What? When? Where? How? ... SO many choices/options!


I want to read this. In part bc I'm curious how other people do it. Decide, that is. And, in part, bc if someone asked me "What is the most difficult thing you've ever done?", I wouldn't have to think twice to answer. It was by far & absolutely making one VERY difficult decision. I've made lots of difficult decisions but "this one" took the cake. I can only hope and pray that God never requires anything like that of me again.

I recently rec'd an e-mail from a mom/friend who sent out a blanket message to several people asking what they thought about the swine flu vaccine. Should she & her family get it? So much controversy surrounds it & naturally she wants to do what's best. Hmm - I wonder what she'll decide - & how she'll decide - & why she'll decide what she decides. Will her decision be based on popular opinion? Or on the opinion of one person she trusts most? Or will it end up being a "gut feeling" - or fear - or faith that ultimately drives her to do whatever she decides to do - or not to do?! And once she decides -- how/when will she know if she made the "right" decision? Will she "just know" or will she never really know for certain?

... I suppose only time will tell.


If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must
believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like
a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
James 1:5-7


1 comment:

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

I am awful at "what is the most..." questions. I can never decide the MOST/BEST/LEAST/WORST of anything!

Let us know if the book is helpful and/or interesting. I might want to read it, too!