Friday, September 25, 2009

Let heaven & nature sing....

"Reading a newspaper, I saw a picture of birds on the electric wires. I cut out the photo and decided to make a song, using the exact location of the birds as notes (no Photoshop edit). I knew it wasn't the most original idea in the universe. I was just curious to hear what melody the birds were creating."


Birds on the Wires from Jarbas Agnelli on Vimeo.



***


The birds of the air nest by the waters;
they sing among the branches.

Hmm..

I can't help but wonder...

Is it possible... that those birds are composing just one small part of one magnificent & unprecedented grand finale? - for all heaven & nature to sing? - at the end of all time? & perhaps for all of eternity? - in the universal language (music!)?!


The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.

Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

Psalm 19:1-5

hmm...

I wonder.

Just can't help it.


7 comments:

Yiota said...

Another sample of His grandeur. How on Earth do people come with ideas like that; turning the position of birds to music? I'm always amazed. As for your question, I do think everything is part of a bigger plan!

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Speechless. Amazed. In Awe.

THANKS! I think this is my favorite post ever!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I too am speechless..It was Perfect !

Kary

warriormom said...

Wow...where did you ever find this?? My favorite part of the passage "He has pitched a tent for the sun" and yet He knows my name ...

MYstory of HIStory said...

wow ladies. thank you. now I'm speechless. Well, almost :)

The video is one I first happened upon upon over at Bunny's blog a while back (linked in the post) - You never know what you'll find there :) It "struck & stuck" w/ me - I just kept thinkin' about it - which is probably why it ended up here.


Welcome My Farmhouse Kitchen! Thanks for stopping in!

Warriormom - I know - just amazing - huh. That's one of my favorite Psalms.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Have a lovely weekend.

Randi Sue said...

I love it! I can't get it out of my head.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Randi...sounds like it struck & stuck w/ you too :)