Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Perhaps I should put some blinders on


We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Cor 5:7

Sight is a gift I would not easily part with - but - sometimes it can be so distracting.


Yesterday, after reading Ps. 36 ... I journaled:

Perhaps "B" would naturally understand vs. 9 better than us. I’ve been finding myself trying to “see things thru’ her eyes” Even in God’s Word, He uses so much of His creation that we can see to illustrate His Word….& even in just this ch.: heavens, skies, mountains, the great deep, shadow, river, fountain, light... & I feel like "B" is at such a disadvantage…but then I realize that evenso, her faith probably much more resembles a mountain…& mine more resembles - a molecule – I think perhaps bc His strength is made perfect in weakness, mb I’m the one at a disadvantage … bc I’m able to see/do so much for myself that it causes my faith to pale in comparison.

Hmm- I have seen SO much - TOO MUCH(!!) of some things ... & I've been thinking - the very first thing "B" ever sees - will likely be Jesus!

The other night, as we were high on a hill yet way beneath a magnificent(!) star lit sky, on a hayride, we sang this:
Oh LORD my God, when I in awesome wonder...
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made.
I see the stars. I hear the rolling thunder.
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul
(my note:
only after I've seen SO MUCH evidence!)
My Saviour God to Thee.
How great Thou art. How great Thou Art!

...and "B" could only try to imagine what we were singing about. Hmm - I imagine the last verse to one of our closing songs for the weekend was one she could relate much better (by faith!) to:

And LORD haste the day, when my faith shall be sight.
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll.
The trump shall resound & the LORD shall descend.
Even so, it is well with my soul!...

Here's one beautiful rendition (the last verse begins 3:19 into it):

No comments: