Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yesterday I learned how to.....

They say you learn something new everyday --- & yesterday, of all things, I learned how to......snowplow! A man at church got wind that I tho't snowplowing empty parking lots looked like great fun! The wknd snow & the holiday brewed up "the perfect storm" - for my wish to come true. I siezed the moment when he called. Strike tagged along - & I had a ton of fun shovin' tons of snow around his BEAUTIFUL Tree Farm. Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day! The snow glistened as if diamonds were sprinkled like sugar on a cupcake! Managed to stay out of the pond & not hit any stakes --- so all in all, I guess I did ok :) Altho' apparently my brain could use some exercise in the hand/eye coordination dept. ... as I can only seem to drive OR direct the plow --- to do both at the same time demanded way more concentration that it seemed it should have required - based on how easy he made it look.

It reminded me of an aerobics video .... Lift! & Lower! Lift! & Lower! And - I imagine it's kinda like flying a helicopter....which looks fun too! But I kinda doubt that would be as forgiving of my coordination issues so m/b I shouldn't wish that out loud .... :)

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

What a great way to spend the day. It sound invigorating.