Monday, January 5, 2009

Ending ('08) w/ a fresh start ('09)...

The historic ice storm is history & after an extra long "Christmas Break" b/c of it (to the tune of about 3 1/2 weeks) - today we're back to the grind. Just a quick wrap up to end it all w/ a fresh start :)

- Celebrated New Year's eve w/ our house full of friends. Learned how to do punchneedle...fun - simple - my kinda craft! The kids hung out/played spoons. Enjoyed some live entertainment (one guy played the guitar) & we all packed into our living room & watched the first episode of John Adams (one of my all time favorite movies/series!) w/ plans to watch the others together down the road. Welcomed in the new year w/ sparkling cider/juice & noisemakers :)

New Year's Day - slept in - then lunch/meatball sandwiches & chocolate fondue (Yum!) w/ friends at their new/old (long story) house.

Yesterday/"First Sunday": Church - coffee/fellowship afterwards - rest & relaxation after a simple crockpot lunch - made gift boxes from old Christmas cards (was inspired here - it's not the first time she's inspired me :) - & a b-day one for my friend out of a notecard - that doubled as both the box AND the card in her case :) - Light sandwich dinner at church - puppet show - fun & worship.

Today.... hubby's back to work (miss him already!), Playmaker's back to school (miss her already too!) - Strike & I will be back to school shortly & I'm looking foward to it :) I like the fresh start afforded by the beginning of each new year - it just seems like a natural prompt to pause & re-evaluate...to stop doing some things (I quit my job) & start/restart doing others.

No comments: