Monday, August 25, 2008

When was the last time you laughed til you cried?!

Last night our pastor treated our church to a powerful message (via a Ken Davis video) shared in a very lighthearted way... & I think I can count on my fingers how many times I've laughed that hard!

Bottom Line: I'm not ok! - & you're not ok either!! (& lots of hilarious examples to "prove" it!) - but that's ok - b/c God loves us just the way we are :)

- & -

Anyone who doesn't laugh, takes themselves too seriously! - & anyone who takes themselves too seriously doesn't take God seriously enough!!

We had a stressful wknd. I even got discouraged just running errands w/ my husband! I left the house looking forward to a "date" of sorts w/ him - & it wasn't long before I couldn't wait to get home(!) - to get away from so many people who must each think they're the center of the universe b/c there was no indication that they could care care less about anyone else! UGH! Anyhow - all of that & more - coupled w/ the fact that, in general, I tend to be a very deep thinker (so I'm told) ... just made such a treat (& powerful reminder) so(!) timely! It felt sooo good to turn my frown upside down for long enough that even my cheeks ached!

...And I'm curious --- when was the last time you laughed til you cried?

No comments: