Friday, August 22, 2008

He knows her name....


Pretty sure this was Playmaker's very first day of kindergarten...
we didn't begin homeschooling til she was in 3rd grade ...
Where did the time go?!


This is kind of an addendum to my "She thinks!..." post.


As our appt w/ the counselor to register Playmaker for high school wound down, I explained that I'd like for her to meet the Principal. W/ aprx 1300 students there, I shared that it would just put my mind at ease to know that he knows who my daughter is. Anyhow - Her counselor walked us over to his office - the "back way" - apparently to avoid the secretarial staff that probably screens his appts -- & despite us interrupting a mtg the principal was having w/ the music teacher, he was so very nice. Stopped what he was doing & chatted w/ us for a bit. Seemed both kind & confident - & in the short time we spent together I sensed he "commands w/ authority" by earning rather than demanding respect. ...& it worked :) -- It did put my mind at ease. The man at that top knows her name (at least I hope he remembers ;) - & in the back of my mind.... I can't help but wonder - w/ aprx 1300 kids in the school - and an aprx 30% annual turnover rate - how many students never even connect personally w/ him?

But I realize, even much more importantly, God knows her name too:

Is. 49: 1b Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.

and He is w/ her wherever(!) she goes :)

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.


No comments: